Wednesday, April 15, 2009

your music recomendations

Here is my present list of music I'm going to give a try. If you listen to any of this, give me your thoughts. You may also give me some recommendations if you describe your recommendations some. I realize some of these are bands I'm STILL trying out and others are bands some people have been listening to for years. Just let me know what you think.

Sleeping At Last
Unwed Sailor
Welcome Wagon
Page France
Matthew Perryman Jones
Greg Laswell
Bon Iver
Liars
Department of Eagles
Atmosphere
Common Market
Dagha
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings
Appleseed Cast

------------------
LISTENING TO: "The Singer" by Teitur

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. It is my favoritist. It is a danceable soul throwback to the hay day of the Stax records franchise. This girl has pipes and knows how to use'm. They put the rest of your list to shame. The night I bought that cd I put it on the shelf next to all the rest of my cds and the next morning they were all broken and strewn about the floor except for Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings which now occupies the shelf alone.

this is your friend Ryan.

like.a.cannon said...

Ok, so the appleseed cast is totally legit, especially their albums two conversations and Mare Vitalis. Unwed Sailor is one of the best instrumental bands around and Jonathan Ford is an amazing bass player and composer. try "The Faithful Anchor" and "Little Wars", great albums.

Here are three more that i'm not sure you've gotten your mitts on yet but they are gems.

Floating World-Anathallo
Dear Catastrophe Waitress-Belle and Sebastian
I'm Like A Virgin Losing a Child-The Manchester Orchestra