Monday, April 13, 2009

Facebook Church

WARNING: By no means am I condoning this or saying it is possible. This post is one giant question open to hopeful conversation.

In a social networking culture, I wonder if it is possible to see church happen via Facebook. When I read through Acts 2:42-47; I wonder how possible it is to do these things on Facebook with its different applications, groups, video posts, etc.

How possible (or impossible), on Facebook, is it to:

- hear and study the apostles' teaching
- fellowship
- break bread
- pray
- to be together with other believers with everything in common
- sell our possessions and goods and give the proceeds to those in need
- meet together
- break bread and eat together
- praise God
- see God add to our number those who are being saved

So....???? What say you?

--------------

LISTENING TO: "Deliverance" by Quietdrive

1 comment:

Beth said...

I think it is possible in a lot of ways. My concern would be with the "together" part. I for one would miss the actual, physical, being in the same room time with others. Not saying my church is perfect, because I have a lot of problems with it, but time with people is a plus for me. Just a thought.